Monday, January 07, 2008

President Barack Obama?!

Hi Everyone!! :)

I hope you're OK.

This is a serious post. It has to do with a GUT feeling I have regarding what I believe is a very real possibility of what MIGHT happen if it appears as though Senator Barack Obama will be the next President of the United States. What I'm about to share with you has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Senator Obama would make a good President. In fact - what I'm about to say has nothing to do with him at all. At least not insofar as WHO he IS as a person. This is not a character assassination. But it is about an assassination all the same.

I am almost overwhelmed with the FEELING that IF it looks as though Senator Barack Obama will be the next President - he will be shot and [Quite possibly] killed by an American who believes that it is his 'duty' to keep a 'black man' from calling the White House 'home'. I believe that - as I write this very message - there are people in the U.S. [Perhaps even groups of people] who are playing a 'waiting game' to see just how 'close' Senator Obama can get to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. And IF it looks as though Senator Obama will be the next President - someone from somewhere will do something in an attempt to keep that from happening. My GUT tells me that the attempt will be successful.

I actually find this gut feeling to be quite disturbing. Which is why I basically kept it to myself. [Out of my concern NOT to sound like an alarmist] But lately - after finding the courage to share these thought with a few people - I now realize that I'm not alone. Other people feel the same way. It is a genuine concern. And beyond the assassination [Or attempted assassination] of Senator Obama comes the fear of some very real, and very tragic consequences. [Beyond the death - or near death - of the Senator himself] His death would spark the powder keg known politely as America's poor race relations. Riots would break out all over the U.S. and many parts of many cities would literally burn. Think Rodney King's 'L.A. Riots' all over America. Very scary. And very possible.

According to an article on the MSNBC website dated May 3rd, 2007 - "The Secret Service said Thursday that Senator Barack Obama was being placed under their protection, the earliest ever for a presidential candidate. Officials said Obama had requested the protection."

And on The Larry King Show [A few years ago] Colin Powell and his wife Alma both discussed the fear for the safety of Colin Powell and the likelihood of Colin getting killed if he ran (and probably won) as the first 'black' candidate for the President of the United States.

I hope I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong. But anyone who knows even a little bit of the history of the U.S. knows that there are indeed Americans who will not be happy [To say the least] with the idea of a 'black man' being the President of the United States. So unhappy with the idea - in fact - that they will do [Or at least TRY to do] something about it.

GBH - Craig!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home